- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Mash 1 of the bananas. Reserve the other banana to caramelize.
- In a medium saucepan, add the oats, mashed banana, milk, chia seeds and cinnamon. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats are creamy and cooked.
- While oats are cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Slice the reserved banana vertically in half and then slice again in half so you have four thin slices. Add coconut oil and coconut sugarto the skillet and stir together. Add banana slices to skillet and fry on each side for 2 minutes until browned and caramelized.
- Top oatmeal with caramelized bananas, walnuts and chocolate chips.
Banana Bread Oatmeal