When you think of the word "vegan," do you think of salad or do you think of milkshakes? I think of both since my diet is a balance, so today I'm sharing a decadent recipe for pumpkin pie milkshakes!
Now that fall is here, pumpkin is front and central on every corner. From the hipster bodega ironically selling decorative pumpkins to your neighborhood Starbucks unabashedly selling venti-sized pumpkin spice lattes, nobody is safe from the annual pumpkin trend.
I've done my fair share of pumpkin baking, but I wanted an easier pumpkin treat that required litle to no work, so I decided to whip up this 2-minute pumpkin pie milkshake. Or mylkshake, whichever spelling you prefer.
The next time you're craving a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, save your money and dignity by making this homemade treat yourself!
Makes 2 milkshakes
- 10 ounces of pumpkin puree (2/3 of a 15 ounce can)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup vegan vanilla ice cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Place all ingredients (except whipped topping) in a blender and blend until thoroughly combined and you have a thick, creamy texture.
- Top with whipped topping and additional pumpkin pie spice.