Blueberry Cream Cheese Toast
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese (I use Kite Hill Foods)
- 4 slices of freshly baked bread
- Fresh fruits for topping: figs, berries, grapes
- Place the blueberries in a small saucepan with the water. and maple syrup Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook for 5 minutes until blueberries have reduced down and become syrupy. Stir in the lemon zest and remove from heat, allowing to cool.
- Once the sauce has cooled a bit, place the cream cheese in a food processor along with the berry sauce. Blend until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you can whip the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer and stream in the berry sauce.