Caramelized Banana Porridge
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk + extra for topping (I used a coconut-almond blend)
- 1 large banana, divided
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1-2 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Slice the banana in half. Mash half with a fork. Slice the other half into coins (not too thin).
- In a medium saucepan, add the oats, 1 cup milk, 1/2 mashed banana + Medjool dates. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until thick and creamy.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the vegan butter. Once hot and melted, add the banana coins. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook 1-2 more minutes until browned and caramelized.
- Top cooked porridge with caramelized bananas, peanut butter, hemp seeds, chocolate chips, hazelnuts, coconut and if desired, additional milk.