Chickpea Flour Omelette
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- A pinch each of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, turmeric, and baking soda
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a small yellow red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- For serving: avocado, vegan sour cream, minced parsley
- Mix together the chickpea flour with the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed meal, nutritional yeast, spices, baking soda and salt and pepper. Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil. once hot, add the shallot, garlic, and bell peppers. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are browned and softened. Remove and transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining two teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat in the skillet. Pour the chickpea batter into the skillet. Add the cooked veggies on top of half of the batter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Once the it begins to form little bubbles, gently fold one side of the chickpea omelette over the other, like a traditional omelette.
- Cover the pan and allow chickpea omelette to cook for 5-6 minutes more until cooked through.
- Serve with desired garnishes.