- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Large pinch of sea salt
- 18-24 Oreo cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookie)
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan butter, melted or coconut oil, melted
- Vegan whipped cream (I use this vegan frozen dessert topping)
- Dark chocolate pieces, shaved into ribbons
- Flaky sea alt (I use this brand)
- To make the crust, place the Oreos in a food processor until they form fine crumbs. Pour in melted vegan butter and process until fully incorporated. Press crust into a tart pan and freeze for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, make the mousse: Place the avocados in a food processor and blend until they are creamy and blended together. Add the cacao powder, coconut milk, coconut nectar, vanilla and sea salt. Blend until thoroughly incorporated and you have a smooth, creamy mousse-like texture.
- Once the tart crust has firmed up, spread the chocolate avocado mousse onto the tart crust.
- Top with vegan whipped topping, dark chocolate curls, raspberries, and flaky sea alt.
- If you're using a 4" x 14" rectangular tart pan (as shown in the photo), you'll need approximately 18 Oreos and 3 tablespoons of vegan butter/coconut oil. If you're using a 9" round tart pan, you'll need approximately 24 Oreos and 4 tablespoons of vegan butter/coconut oil.