Fruit and Nut Porridge
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 small banana
- Small handful of mango
- 1 13 oz. can of coconut milk (can substitute half almond milk for lighter porridge)
- Toppings: fresh fruit, coconut, maple syrup, cacao nibs, etc.
- Soak nuts in filtered water overnight. Drain and rinse under cold water in the morning.
- Place nuts in a high-speed blender or food processor to break them up. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, banana, mango and coconut milk, and blend until you achieve a thick, smooth consistency.
- Transfer porridge to a saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.