Savory Squash Tartlets
Makes 2 Tarlets (I used tartlet pans with a 3.5 inch diameter)
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 3 TBSP buckwheat groats
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 TBSP water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 10 ounces of butternut squash
- Olive oil for roasting squash
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 TBSP vegan butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel and cut butternut squash into cubes (or buy pre-cut squash). Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, and dried thyme. Roast for 30 minutes until completely tender, flipping halfway through.
- For the crust, place almonds, buckwheat, sesame seeds, 1 TBSP olive oil, 1/2 TBSP water, garlic power, and salt & pepper to taste in a food processor. Blend until thoroughly mixed and you have a dough that binds together when pressed with your fingers. Add up to 1/2 TBSP more water, if needed.
- Press the crust into the bottom and sides of two tartlet pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is set.
- Once the squash is cooked, purée it in a food processor along with the vegan butter and salt & pepper to taste. Add more butter for more creamy deliciousness.
- Pour butternut squash purée into tart crusts. Top as desired.