Makes 6 donuts in a standard donut pan
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup neutral tasting olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 6-8 tablespoons maple syrup, depending on desired sweetness level
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Vanilla Icing (recipe below)
- Organic Candy Canes, crushed
- Grease a donut pan with melted coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (flax egg through vanilla extract) until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (flour through salt).
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk until well combined. Pour into donut cavities. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, frost with vanilla icing.
- 1/4 cup vegan Earth Balance butter, softened
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until fluffy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until well incorporated. Add in milk and salt and beat until you reach your desired consistency.