Veggie Tacos with Sour Cream and Avocado Mayo
- 2 small delicata squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can of cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Purple cabbage, sliced
- Radishes, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Pickled jalapeños
- Salsa verde (store-bought)
- Cashew sour cream (recipe below)
- Vegan avocado mayo (recipe below)
- 100% Corn tortillas for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat the squash slices in olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Roast on baking tray for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- For the mushrooms, heat a grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat heat and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned.
- For refried white beans, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion and carrot until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add beans, stock, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer the bean mixture until it has thickened. Using a potato masher or an immersion blender, mash the beans. Then, stir in the lime juice.
- Pile cooked vegetables and refried beans onto warmed corn tortillas. Top with purple cabbage, radishes, cilantro, pickled jalapeños, salsa, sour cream, and avocado mayo.
Cashew Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/8 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until you have a smooth and creamy sauce.
Vegan Avocado Mayo
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until you have a creamy, well-blended sauce.