Paleo, Raw Vegan, Gluten-Free
Makes 8 large bars or 16 small bars
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours or overnight
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup of canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thinly sliced fresh figs
- Line a standard-size loaf pan with parchment paper.
- For the base, blend the dates in a food processor until a sticky paste forms. Add the remaining ingredients and process until a dough comes together. Press the dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the loaf pan. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- For the vanilla filling, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined. Pour over base and spread evenly. Freeze for 2-3 hours until set.
- Remove pan from freezer and using the parchment paper, lift the dessert out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Top with thinly sliced fresh figs. Using a sharp knife, cut the dessert into 8 slices. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.